Troop Announcements

Regular Troop Meeting on 5/15/2018 @ 7:30 P.M CST

Money for Canoe Trip due!

T59 Fall calendar and meetings

posted Aug 13, 2018, 1:53 PM by Troop 59

T59

Attached is our Fall 2018 calendar of activities. The PLC has an exciting and fun year planned.

Please review and prioritize the troop activities you can attend.

 

We will meet tomorrow at the gym on Mississippi to review our camping gear for the coming year.

7pm

Tuesday August 13

1500 North Mississippi (gym)

 

 

Brad Chilcote

Scoutmaster Troop 59

First Christian Church

Little Rock, AR

M 501.425.3940

bradc@wddarchitects.com

Tuesday August 14th 2018

posted Aug 13, 2018, 1:27 PM by Troop 59

I will not be at meeting Tuesday the 14th (my mistake)

Please organize gear as you see appropriate, reducing clutter and volume.

Try creating complete patrol boxes so we can get rid of spare items

 

Anything to be tossed or donated can be placed on one side of room (out of way) to be picked up later.

 

Brad Chilcote

501.425.3940

T59 PLC - Advancement Review

posted Aug 7, 2018, 7:57 AM by Julian Robbins

We could use some extra help tonight for a few scouts needing to review advancement

 

T59 PLC & Advancement Review

6:30pm Tuesday August 8

We will meet at the new church - 14411 Taylor Loop (between Cantrell and Hinson)

 

 

Brad Chilcote

501.425.3940

T59 PLC 6:30 Tuesday August 7 - Preliminary Fall 2018 Activities

posted Aug 1, 2018, 12:58 PM by Julian Robbins

T59

We will hold a PLC on August 7 to complete planning for our Fall Activities; attached is a preliminary look at the highlights.

 

We will also have adults available to review advancement and Eagle Scout project progress.

 

T59 PLC & Advancement Review

6:30pm Tuesday August 8

We will meet at the new church - 14411 Taylor Loop (between Cantrell and Hinson)

The SPL, ASPL, Patrol Leaders, Webmasters, Quartermaster, and Scribe should attend.

 

 

Every year we ask our scouts what should be done so they can have a better program and the PLC has set great goals for the year. Helping them achieve their goals will require our meetings/outings to be better organized; and in turn, the scoutmasters, leadership and volunteers will also need to be better organized.

 

We have a need for additional volunteers this year to assist the program and ease the rotation of new parent volunteers as scouts and families age out. I ask that you review the list below, plan to attend and be prepared to volunteer for a position.

 

·         OUTING/ACTIVITY COORDINATOR(S)

This could be a single, committee level person for all activities or several individuals working together.

If you have planned a business trip, weekend getaway or family vacation –you could be the coordinator.

This year for any activity to occur, it will need a coordinator other than the scoutmaster  (1 time minimum).

 

·         SERVICE COORDINATOR

Find and coordinate potential service activities for scouts (intermittent through the year).

 

·         FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR(S)

Coordinate troop fundraising events. This is critical for providing scholarships for scouts in need and troop gear updates. This could be a single, committee level person for all activities or several individuals working together.

o   POPCORN - coordinate popcorn sales and collections. (1 month commitment in fall)

o   CAMP CARD - coordinator sales and collections. (1 month commitment in spring)

 

I thank you and hope to see you on August 7.

 

Brad Chilcote

Scoutmaster Troop 59

First Christian Church

Little Rock, AR

M 501.425.3940

T59 Fall Activities 2018

posted Jul 29, 2018, 8:23 AM by Julian Robbins   [ updated Jul 29, 2018, 8:26 AM ]

Attached is a draft calendar of our Fall Activities and a separate Calendar Notes sheet. Please review.

The PLC has set some goals for the year that will require our meetings/outings  to be better organized. To help them achieve their goals, the scoutmaster, leadership and volunteers will also need to be better organized.

Therefore for the campouts and activities are to occur, the troop will need someone other than the scoutmaster to coordinate them. This could be a single, committee level person coordinating all activities or several individuals working together.

 On Tuesday Aug 7 we have a PLC to review the calendar. I ask that you attend to assist. Beforehand, please review the attached and be prepared to volunteer to coordinate a single activity or as the troop committee activity coordinator.

As our scouts and their families age out in the coming years, we will need to rotate new parent volunteers into fold. To ease this, we need to distribute responsibilities so the tasks won’t seem as daunting. The other volunteer responsibilities are listed on the calendar notes.

I thank you and hope to see you on August 7.

Brad Chilcote

501.425.3940



Reminder from your Webmasters : Please visit the Troop forums page and join and agree to the terms of the forums. Thank you - Webmasters

Ice Cream Social @ New facility

posted Jul 14, 2018, 12:18 PM by Julian Robbins   [ updated Jul 14, 2018, 12:22 PM ]

I hope all are stay cool this summer.

First Christian Church is having an Ice Cream Social This Sunday to celebrate the opening of our new facility on Taylor Loop.

Scouts are needed to help setup and supervise the activities.

Sunday July 15
Shift 1 - 9-30a-11:00a Setup
10:30a-11:30a. Worship Service
Shift 2 - 11:30a-1:30p Activities
14411 Taylor Loop (between Cantrell and Hinson)

Your families and friends are invited to come worship, celebrate, eat, play and socialize.

Please reply if available and which shift.


Use the forum page to reply. To join our Forum please use the Forums button located in the horizontal navigation at the top of the site

Reminder

posted May 8, 2018, 5:16 PM by Julian Robbins   [ updated May 8, 2018, 5:22 PM ]

Regular Troop Meeting on 5/15/2018 @ 7:30 P.M CST Money for Canoe Trip due! Merit Badge University this Sat. 5/12/18, wear Class A and have change of clothes if needed!

Reminder

posted May 3, 2018, 8:17 AM by Julian Robbins   [ updated May 4, 2018, 3:40 AM ]

Regular Troop Meeting on 5/08/18 @ 7:00 P.M

Reminder

posted Apr 30, 2018, 6:36 AM by Julian Robbins

Regular Troop Meeting on 5/1/18 @ 7:00 pm

Summer Camp

posted Apr 24, 2018, 5:03 AM by Julian Robbins   [ updated Apr 27, 2018, 8:34 AM ]

Attached is information for summer camp. This year we will be attending June 10-16 at Camp Orr on the Buffalo River near Jasper.

The camp has a good new scout program as well as many merit badges. However one of the drawing points is an expanded 5 day trek program geared to older scout. Our older scouts will decide a program and attend as a group.

 

Please read info and let know at tomorrow’s meeting or by email reply.

 

We are running behind schedule so we need a quick turnaround if your scout will be attending.

Thank you

Patrol leaders: use the link below to access meeting plans. 

https://sites.google.com/site/troop59beta/troop-announcements/

1-10 of 21